Employment & Community First (ECF) CHOICES Network
The Arc Tennessee is a contract provider of the Employment & Community First (ECF) CHOICES program services listed below. Individuals approved for these services will be referred to The Arc TN by their MCO (Managed Care Organization).
Peer–to-Peer Support and Navigation for Person-Centered Planning, Self-Direction,
Integrated Employment, Self-Employment, and
Independent Community Living (Groups 5 & 6)
These services assist an individual and his/her family member(s) or conservator in one or more of the following areas:
- Directing the person-centered planning process;
- Understanding and considering self-direction;
- Understanding and considering individualized integrated employment/self-employment; and
- Understanding and considering independent community living options
Conservatorship and Alternatives to Conservatorship Counseling and Assistance (Groups 4, 5 & 6)
This service offers one-time consultation, education and assistance to family caregivers in:
- Understanding conservatorship and alternatives to conservatorship.
- These services shall be provided in a manner that seeks to preserve the rights and freedoms of the individual to the maximum extent possible and appropriate.
- This service may include assistance with completing necessary paperwork and processes to establish an alternative to conservatorship or conservatorship, if appropriate.
Health Insurance Counseling/Forms Assistance (Group 4)
This service offers training and assistance to individuals enrolled in ECF CHOICES and/or their family caregiver and policy holder in:
- Understanding the benefits offered through their private or public insurance program
- Completing necessary forms, accessing covered benefits, and navigating member appeal processes regarding covered benefits
Community Support Development, Organization and Navigation (Group 4)
Assists individuals and families in:
- promoting a spirit of personal reliance and contribution, mutual support and community connection;
- developing social networks and connections within local communities, and
- emphasizes, promotes and coordinates the use of unpaid supports to address individual and family needs in addition to paid services.
Supports provided include:
- Helping individuals and family caregivers to develop a network for information and mutual support from others who receive services or family caregivers of individuals with disabilities;
- Assisting individuals with disabilities and family caregivers with identifying and utilizing supports available from community service organizations, such as churches, schools, colleges, libraries, neighborhood associations, clubs, recreational entities, businesses and community organizations focused on exchange of services (e.g. time banks); and
- Assisting individuals with disabilities and family caregivers with providing mutual support to one another (through service/support exchange), and contributions offered to others in the community.
These services are provided by a Community Navigator and reimbursed on a per person (or family) per month basis, based on specific goals and objectives as specified in the person-centered support plan.
For questions on any of the above contact:
The Arc TN direct email for ECF CHOICES services: email@example.com
The Arc TN direct phone number to leave a message for ECF CHOICES services: 615-767-5044
Enrollment for the ECF CHOICES program is open for people with intellectual disability (ID) and people with developmental disabilities (DD) other than ID. To start the process for determining eligibility, simply complete a self-referral form. There are three (3) ways to accomplish this task:
- Complete it online at https://www.tn.gov/tenncare/article/signing-up-for-the-program
- If you already have TennCare, call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask for help completing the self-referral form for the ECF CHOICES program.
- Amerigroup 866-840-4991
- BlueCare 888-747-8955
- United Healthcare 800-690-1606
- If you do not have TennCare, contact your DIDD Regional Office and ask for help completing the self-referral form.
- West TN Regional Office: 866-372-5709
- Middle TN Regional Office: 800-654-4839
- East Tennessee Regional Office: 888-531-9876
If you were previously on the DIDD Waiting List for Medicaid Waiver services, you were automatically transferred to the new referral list for the ECF CHOICES Waiver. However, to be considered for enrollment into the program, you must complete the self-referral form.